04 October 2011

Opportunity only knocks once

So as I was mining with Ceribus, a war was raging on the other side of the belt. Now normally, I wouldn't even cast a sensor in the direction of a fight. But this one had my attention pretty quick when I noticed it was a Sansha Nightmare and a Gallente Navy Comet wrecking an Orca. The Orca pilot must have realized he was beat and ejected hoping his Beloved ship would go down in a blazing glory. It did not. Rather, the attackers held their final shots and ran the pilot off with drones. The attackers then began a search for a buyer for the now abandoned Orca. Eventually the time to ask me came around. I was flying my own Orca at the time so I was hesitant to accept the comm line. They were asking 250 Million ISK for the Orca not knowing how it was fit. I said no thanks at first but then I remembered that the Alliance has a new member that would be needing an Orca soon. I asked him if he wanted it and he said he would love an Orca. I quickly began searching through my money reserves for the right amount. During this time the attackers had begun negotiations with another pilot for purchase of the capital ship. I pulled another 25 Million ISK bringing my offer up to 275 Million ISK. The attackers said it was mine if I could get there before the other pilot did. I pushed the engines on an old shuttle I had to the breaking point to get there before the other pilot. I beat him by mere seconds winning the prize. I paid the captors, and took delivery on the Orca, and did a quick inventory on what the ship had fit and what was in the holds. Turns out the 275mil ISK ship was actually worth about 350mil with the mods that were fit on it and the cargo it held. I never did tell them about that. I just took it back to station and prepped it for the long journey out to Minmatar space for the Alliance member. In the end it was a sound investment. I can only hope this happens again someday, but with an Apocalypse Imperial Issue. One can only dream.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Got yourself a bargain hope the repair costs didnt dig into your bargain too much.

    ReplyDelete